new beetle engine swap

Huseyin efece

Hi guys i am thinking swap my new beetle engin 1.6 to 1.8t ajq from audi tt what sort of wiring differences for both cars is producing 2000 any help apreciated i need wiring loom chart or help thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
A HUGE amount of work with major cooling, wiring and digital electronics issues. Ar you contemplating the 4Wd transmission as well?

Huseyin efece

Hi buddy thanks to replying me no l don’t do 4wd system l have whole doner car with me l already stripped everything l need such as engine box drive shafts loom ecu all cooling hose intercooler and hose basically everything l need done conversion. I just need to done the immobiliser delete and wiring which connected in fuse box the differences the doner loom comes with 5 sockets the beetle has only 3 l need some one or wiring diagram for converted everything for the beetle fuse box thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
What about a gearbox? Personally I would sell both and buy one of the two ready made 1.8T Beetles on Autotrader for less than £3K... it is one of my oldest pieces of advice, “never build a car you can buy”. Have you run this by your insurance provider?