New little project...

Westy851

Hi all. New here and this is my first post. Had plenty of caddys over the last few years but never owned one as they have been work vehicles. Always wanted a MK1 caddy but wasn't within my budget or knowledge of welding etc. So this one popped up local to me and at a keen price I think. So here is a bit of a progress thread to where and what I'll be doing with it. :)

And advice or suggestions openly welcome .

Started life as a caddy 1.9sdi 2003 and the previous owner to me put a 1.8t lump in from a ibiza cupra with the front end. Had new coil overs and any welding done so nice solid base. So going forward got the following to do.

• wiring loom to sort and tidy up (if any one can point me in the direction of someone that can red a simpler loom for the engine to the dash)
  • Reinstall dash (Going back to a Caddy/Polo dash) not wanting a ibiza dash..
  • Front brake upgrade (Wanting drilled and grooved and bolt on upgrade for the calipers but unsure which ones)
  • Engine bay to tidy up and make it look it should
  • Full respray (Going blue but not sure on shade yet)
  • New wheels and tyres (15inch BBs RS style i'm going for )
  • Interior install

Started today with a full sand down .

If anyone can answer a few of my points that would be amazing. :)

Attachments

• received_1828258100709570.jpeg
    received_1828258100709570.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3
  • received_291571292827378.jpeg
    received_291571292827378.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 3

Westy851

Not sure on the Engine code yet. Yeah the ECU and harness is fitted and fires up and starts but think would be neater and easier to have a new harness made as there is so much excess wires that wont be used.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That doesn't even have the engine management harness in there, that will be a separate 100 odd wire line down the cars left to under the back seat. I have taken the OE systems down the cars right as usual and none OE down the left so the ABS from a different car and the thick battery power line from also under the back seat run down the left and any side to side interaction will happen under the back seat.