no glow plug light and no start

woza

Hi there my 2003 2.5 tdi t4 stopped on me yesterday suddenly, anyway got no management light and won't start ive looped relay 109 still no power got 12v feed to it and far as I can check theres earth at the relay too and all fuses are good but wont start pls help cheers! !!

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
VWwelcome.gif

I've already asked him once but you know what users are like.

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking every time, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26/adding-your-car-spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I am surprised there is no power feed at the ECU relay because it is fed directly from the battery with no fuses by two thick 4-mm red wires which separate in the harness from the 10-mm thick red wire and go into the fusebox at two separate points but both providing the main feed. Use a multimeter with one connector to a good earth and the other into socket 4 of the 109 relay position (which is location 3).Putting a jump wire across sockets 4 and 6 should power up the ECU. If there is no power then go and look at the battery terminal.

woza

Latest update relay 109 seems to be ok there is permanent 12v feed and earth at the ecu and the black and white switched wire from 109 is in tact still no glow plug light and wont start HELP PLS...

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I would recommend starting your own post with full details of the van as yours will be a T5 and the electrical system is completely different.

A1PREMIER

Latest update relay 109 seems to be ok there is permanent 12v feed and earth at the ecu and the black and white switched wire from 109 is in tact still no glow plug light and wont start HELP PLS...
Did this get resolved?