Original speakers

Madrat

Hi everyone, is it possible to still get the original speakers for the Passat? They sounded great but I cant find new ones anywhere. No one from VW has gotten back to me.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Me, judge, never... ;) It was actually directed at Gaz, I was interested to know what he used as he is very fussy about part quality. My Octavia came with the factory optional sound system but I wanted to upgrade the front speakers so I bought some expensive 6 inch things and they sounded worse than the, unfortunately, obsolete originals. Now I am at work I can see the original 168mm 30w are also obsolete but have been superseded by a direct replacement Touran part, 1T0 035 411 AB at £23.82 retail inc. VAT each

Gazwould

JBL CS-6C

614o5EHCfnL._AC_SX522_.jpg

I got them for an amazing £30 a component pair back in 2014 .

With them and the door skin panel damping and stock head unit the most notible difference was mid bass .

Now discontinued their JBL replacement will be more expensive but keenly priced against it's competitors .

Gazwould

Coaxial are best when the tweeter can angle up as the higher notes are directional .

Focal makes one with a tweeter at a tilt that rotates on it's axle .

81RVJF1MjSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Madrat

Me, judge, never... ;) It was actually directed at Gaz, I was interested to know what he used as he is very fussy about part quality. My Octavia came with the factory optional sound system but I wanted to upgrade the front speakers so I bought some expensive 6 inch things and they sounded worse than the, unfortunately, obsolete originals. Now I am at work I can see the original 168mm 30w are also obsolete but have been superseded by a direct replacement Touran part, 1T0 035 411 AB at £23.82 retail inc. VAT each
Thanks Crasher, bit reluctant if they are not the same :(:confused: