UK Volkswagen Forum banner

Original speakers

812 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Madrat 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, is it possible to still get the original speakers for the Passat? They sounded great but I cant find new ones anywhere. No one from VW has gotten back to me.

#7 ·
These off ebay. please don't judge 😬 I used the 4" version of them in the caravan and they sound great, but the 6" in the car have no base unless I turn it up to almost max. The originals sounded great.

#8 ·
Me, judge, never... ;) It was actually directed at Gaz, I was interested to know what he used as he is very fussy about part quality. My Octavia came with the factory optional sound system but I wanted to upgrade the front speakers so I bought some expensive 6 inch things and they sounded worse than the, unfortunately, obsolete originals. Now I am at work I can see the original 168mm 30w are also obsolete but have been superseded by a direct replacement Touran part, 1T0 035 411 AB at £23.82 retail inc. VAT each

#9 ·
JBL CS-6C

614o5EHCfnL._AC_SX522_.jpg

I got them for an amazing £30 a component pair back in 2014 .

With them and the door skin panel damping and stock head unit the most notible difference was mid bass .

Now discontinued their JBL replacement will be more expensive but keenly priced against it's competitors .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.