Polo 9n3 windscreen wiper blades issue

Filke

Hello mates,

I've decided couple days ago to change old wiper blades on my 2005 Polo 9N3 which by the way were totally inappropriate much shorter than they should be.

I've bought Meyle flat windscreen wiper blades - driver side 21" (530mm) and passenger 19" (475mm) in local shop. I got these dimensions by VIN number.

But I had big issue when started wipers - blades are touching each other and driver's blade strikes the metal windscreen frame.

Now I am not sure the issue is with windscreen wiper motor or too long wiper blades.

Does any one had this kind of problem or what are the appropriate dimensions of wiper blades?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
We only fit genuine wiper blades as the generic ones seem to cause all sorts of issues, especially on the Polo 9N with juddering being common, there are three different types used around 2005/6, private message me the VIN so I can check which ones it should have... usually they are the same as a Golf 4.

John.P.Clegg

21" for the drivers side and 19" for the passenger side , ( you haven't swapped them have you ? ) , being a tight-a*se , I just replaced the rubbers in mine last time...if you buy them oversize it's simples to cut them down.

John ;-)

Filke

No, I haven't swapped them. 21" for driver's side and 19" for passenger. Ofcourse my Polo has left hand drive wheel side.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The VW kit is 6Q1 998 002 and there is the economy version JZW 998 002 but I don’t know the prices you would pay, for the individual part numbers in this kit there are no aftermarket cross references I can see so I suggest you buy genuine VW.

Filke

These Meyle I've bought have the same dimensions and shape like these genuine 6Q1 998 002.
I'm not sure only about mounting hooks because I used adapter, but the shape of blade is the same as genuine 6Q1 998 002.