Polo Engine Code APE 1.4

BodoSoul88

Hi,
I have problem with my polo, in the morning when I start the engine he does not want to start, also rought idlle, today when I pressed accelerate stationary engine stalling around 1-1.1k rpm, Check engine+epc .
I've changed S1 lambda probe.

This is vcds test:

P1425 Tank Vent Valve Short to Ground

P1553 Barometric/Manifold Pressure Signal Ratio Out of Range

P1504 Intake Air System Bypass Leak Detected

Sometimes it appears also S1 and S2 lamda probes( short to ground) A lot of short to ground problems, but they are fine( s1 and s2)

Last edited:

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
P1425 Tank Vent Valve Short to Ground
P1553 Barometric/Manifold Pressure Signal Ratio Out of Range
P1504 Intake Air System Bypass Leak Detected

VAG Error Code: 17833/6185
EOBD II Error Code: P1425

Fault Location:
Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Control Valve 1 (N80) - Short Circuit to Earth

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Fuse(s).
Wiring/Connector(s) short to earth.
Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Control Valve 1 (N80) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace Fuse(s).
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Check Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Control Valve 1 (N80).

VAG Error Code: 17961
EOBD II Error Code: P1553

Fault Location:
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor (G71)/Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor (F96) - Range/Performance Problem

Possible Cause:
Intake/exhaust leak.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.
Activated Charcoal Filter (Evaporative Emission (EVAP)) Control Valve 1 (N80).
Throttle control unit.
Wiring/Connector(s).
Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor (G71).
Barometric pressure (BARO) sensor (F96).

VAG Error Code: 17912/005380
EOBD II Error Code: P1504

Fault Location:
Intake System - Leak Detected

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Intake leak.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system.
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System.
Hose connection(s).
Throttle control unit.

As taken from my new EOBD II Fault Codes Software

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The tank vent valve and lambda sensors suggest there is a problem with the fuel pump relay but the other two codes are typical of a dirty mismatched throttle body. Which diagnostic system do you have. With the throttle body removed, you must thoroughly clean it gently using a nylon brush and carb cleaner spray. After refitting, the throttle body must be matched to the ECU using a diagnostic computer capable of performing basic settings group 060.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Have you cleaned and readapted the throttle body? If you continue to get lambda sensor heater errors, check fuse 1 for corrosion. Ignore the N80 error unless it comes back.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
So this is a new discovery? Each time you fit a new fuse it blows? Disconnect both lambda sensors and try a new fuse. It is a Tank Vent Valve (TTV) not Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve (PCV).

BodoSoul88

O2 sensors are new, yes, new fuse 10 a fit in, engine start it blows over and over again, without valve connected it stays alright. I Mean thsat vent tank valve
I've made some confusion, on tester it shows N80 it has short to ground this is why I spoke about Pcv, but those 2 are in the same closed system. I need to resolve this because sometimes car does not start at first abd have to wait 5 minute to start.