Problems with the central locking and electric windows (9n3 1.2)

benjam

Hi!

I've had problems with my central locking and electric windows, just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it? Both seem to cease working at the same time, if one works the other (usually) works. I've had it to a couple garages and both suggest different things. One says water is getting into the doors, the other ripped the silicone out and said its the motors. Is there any home remedies to fixing this before diving into buying a motor? Thanks in advance!

Ben

John.P.Clegg

I had the same with my central locking...intermittent not locking , locking releasing etc etc, seems the printed circuit boards in the lock units fell foul to political correctness as they started using lead free solder ( trying to save the world ) , if you can fix televisions and/or watches you may be able to take them apart and re-solder any dry joints...failing that replacement is the answer , how much are they from VW , I don't know but they are cheaper on Fleabay.
The down side is that my rear doors will not lock from the drivers door button now...but are OK with the key and remote????

John ;-)

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

benjam

Thanks John, I'll have a look about now as I've 0 experience fixing televisions and watches :cry:

Ben