RCD 310 - Doesn't play music via Bluetooth

tomas.pely

Hi all,

I'm a new member and first time ever forum subscriber with very little "forum etiquette " ( Keith please be kind ;) )
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 60 reg Passat stereo doesn't play music via bluetooth despite the external VW bluetooth is installed.
My iphone7 connects to the bluetooth no problem, the sound comes through car speakers when using it for phone calls.
When I select the music option on the external bluetooth screen the iphone detects it, switches to the car mode and I can change the tracks from the bluetooth device, but no sound comes through the speakers. The bluetooth audio is "ON" in the stereo setup but in the "Media" the only options are AUX and CD.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

Touranasaurus

I've got a RCD310 in my Touran, there should be a B/T Audio option displayed when the Media button is pressed. Personally I never bother with the BT Audio because you can't control the Iphone (or Ipod) via the RCD310 except for volume, B/T Audio is just wireless AUX. If you have the Media Interface its well worth getting the correct genuine VAG cable to connect the Iphone directly then the radio controls can be used to select tracks, playlists etc. If you have the MFSW then that will also control the the Iphone.

tomas.pely

Hi Touranasaurus, thank you for your comments.
I have watched and read multiple instructions on how to get it up and running, but for whatever bizarre reason it doesn't work. The media only shows AUX and CD (BT audio is ON and track playing via Spotify) My phone holder is just above the radio so I'm not bothered about not being able to control it with radio. Just not a fan of the aux cable trailing from the armrest. Guessing there's nothing wrong with the wiring since the phone calling audio works fine?
Thanks