Rear seats

QS1

Hi, I have noticed water ingress under my spare wheel and think it is coming in behind the left corner of rear seat as I can see some there, when I pour water over the car I can't see the water collecting,
if I leave house with no water in wheel well, after a few miles there is water in spare wheel well. so it must be sloshing about
Has anyone else experienced this and no water is leaking out under the car,
How do you get the rear seats out , the part you actually sit on, I have removed the isofix plastic tabs,
My seats slide back and forth by means of a metal bar underneath, thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Have you used the rear wiper washer in this period? The motor can leak washer fluid which fills up inside the lid, then when you open the tailgate this water runs down the side pillars, into the conduits to the roof and then down into the interior of the car, screen wash fluid should smell obviously different to rain water.

QS1

Have you used the rear wiper washer in this period? The motor can leak washer fluid which fills up inside the lid, then when you open the tailgate this water runs down the side pillars, into the conduits to the roof and then down into the interior of the car, screen wash fluid should smell obviously different to rain water.
I used it yesterday crasher, I will check tomorrow as I have bought a new plastic tube with rubber grommet which attaches to the badge you open the boot with, just not looking forward to removing and refitting the plastic trim around the inside top of hatch, thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Without the catch tool which pushes the teeth together you have to pull the panel and push back the tailgate at the same time which can rip the catch out of the panel and distort the slot in the tailgate it goes into, you will be left blinking after it comes away.