Retrofitting Mfsw to 2008 t5

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I think it will physically fit, maybe with some tweaks, but I don’t think you can make this work, the electrical architecture is too different; but I haven’t tried so happy to be corrected.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t see how this is going to work. The Golf 6 has a full three level CAN BUS system and the wheel controls send a signal to the steering column controller which converts this to a CAN BUS signal which is sent to the CAN BUS controller. Then the signal goes to the head unit on the Infotainment BUS. The only way I can see of doing it is following the type 7H pre 2010 MFSW system.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Your van is a type 7H and there was a factory option MFSW system so you would need to gather the parts required to retro fit the system. You can download all the factory information on the type 7H from erWin for 7 Euro per hour. If you get a print to PDF program installed, make sure you have the disk space and get organised you could download the entire VW workshop manual for this vehicle in an hour including the crucial wiring diagrams.

one arm bandit

I have looked into this and it seems you can use repair wires, into the t41/9&10,the pictures show 9&10 empty, but on my van 9 has a brown wire and 10 has a brown/yellow wire, can you help thanks, Bill.

one arm bandit

It's ok I've contacted a man who does this for a living, but mainly on t5.1, he can do it with a bit of fiddling, thanks for your input

one arm bandit

Ok so yesterday I had my cruise control stalk and mfsw fitted to my 2008 t5 by Michael Sims,top job 👌 can highly recommend him,thanks Michael.

cswminty

It's ok I've contacted a man who does this for a living, but mainly on t5.1, he can do it with a bit of fiddling, thanks for your input
Hi, just wondering if you managed to get this to work please or the gentleman did? Im trying to do it myself but have hit a brick wall and wanted to confirm its possible before i enter a world of pain :)

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I have virtually stopped doing retro fits, it puts you in a world of hurt unless you are doing them day in day out and if you have developed a conversion like that which is complex to replicate then no business person in their right mind will give the info away for free.