Component: 18 Tõrsteuer.FS KLO 0202

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 1C1959802A
Component: 18 Tõrsteuer.BF KLO 0202

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 1C0959811A
Component: 18 Tõrsteuer.HL KLO 0202

Subsystem 4 - Part No: 1C0959812A
Component: 18 Tõrsteuer.HR KLO 0202

1 Fault Found:
00931 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Rear Right (F223)
27-00 - Implausible Signal

Any (only polite ones please)suggestions as to how to unlock the door from the inside?
I have not seen a how-to on this one yet.

Best regards,
Eric

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a total nightmare situation. You have to remove the rear door card and with the door shut this is difficult and often results in damage to the card. Then behind this there is a steel panel bolted on with a dozen or so M6 bolts which holds the window mechanism so you have to lower the window until you can see the roll pin location through the access hole, poke the roll pin out (carefully to avoid door skin pipping) and then wind the window back up, secure the glass in the raised position (again awkward with the door closed) then lower the lifter away from the glass which requires a bit of a jolt to release it. Remove the two black push through pegs that will be to your upper right by screwing a self tapper into them and then pulling them out, push the plastic tubes through and this releases the door lock to panel retainer that would normally bring out the door lock if doing the job with the door open. After disconnection the wiring you can TRY and get the steel panel away. On a four door rear we often take off the B pillar trims and release the door hinges as this allows a little more room but this has to be done with care to avoid door trailing edge and rear panel damage. One the steel panel is out of the way we drill into the plastic look mechanism in various positions until we can release the catch and open the door. If people would lubricate the door lock at services with a good spray of aerosol spray grease, pay attention to the fault codes that register LONG before this happens and take notice when the lock start to act up, the job would be a lot less painful I strongly advise you not to buy a second hand lock. My colleague did this on his wife's car to cut costs when he noticed the fault code, the door was not even playing up. After fitting a second hand lock, the door stuck shut and would not open so we had to do the procedure above AND fit a new lock!

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Hmm..It is going to be as I figured...Not much fun.

I really can't visualize your description since I have not yet had the door card off yet.
We just bought the thing last week and everything worked with one exception. The passenger mirror must have been replaced. It will not toe in far enough to see next to the car. At this point I have no idea what the person who replaced did wrong.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum Erico.

VAG Error Code: 00931

Fault Location:
Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223) - Implausible Signal

Possible Cause:
Door Locks not working properly.

Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223) faulty.
Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223) faulty.
Door Lock Mechanics are stiff/partially seized.
Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223) faulty

Possible Solutions:
Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223).
Check Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223).
Check Door Lock Mechanics/Operation.
Check Locking Module for Central Locking: Rear Right (F223).

As taken from my EOBD II Fault Codes Software

Can I suggest that you add your car spec to your signature as it will save users asking every time, if you know the engine code that will also be great? Oh you can't do this of a phone. http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/f26/adding-your-car-spec-5119.html

Options Sticker and Engine Codes

#5 ·
The first thing I have to figure out is how to open the door. It is a mechanical & electrical unlock issue. It won't open from inside or outside and the locking mechanism doesn't make a sound when the central locking is activated. I ordered the Bentley manual from Amazon.co.uk and am looking forward to its arrival. The downside of the Bentley manual set is that it is for the US market models, but most everything still applies and it is a English language manual.

#7 ·
I am looking for the part number for the right hand rear door central locking module. I want to purchase one to have on hand when I manage to open the door. I would appreciate some help with this. Here is the VIN for my Bora WVWZZZ1JZ5W011208

The two part hard cover did
finally arrive. Another addition to my Bentley manual collection.

#13 ·
I've got the door 95% apart but still can't open the lock. I watched all the videos and none worked. I even have access to the part which controls it and I've seen a video where you move the lever manually and it cancels the deadlock. But each time I move the lever it doesn't disengage and springs back when released. I've got a new one on its way but I didn't want to damage anything having to resort to using a Clarkson.

#15 ·
What catch am I trying to get to? I've got access to the deadlock lever but it just springs back and doesn't disengage. It's meant to move the motor manually and I can hear it happening to the new one when I'm moving the lever and it unlocks and is easily opened. But when I move the lever on the stuck one there's no noise and it springs back 🤷🏻

#18 ·
I don't know, we have never made any videos of anything. There must be someone out there on You Tube who likes the sound of their own voice who has done this. I have tried to watch some amateur videos' but I find myself losing the will to live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.