Roof Problem 13 plate Golf Cab

Evelyn

Can anyone recommend a garage in the UK -midlands, south of England or Wales which can fix my roof. The roof is not locking in on one side and I have been told that the latch motor is failing. The VW garage want to charge me over £1000 to fix it, which sounds like a silly price. (I assume it is?).

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Evelyn

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
They are horrid things to work on, everything takes daft amounts of time and the parts are expensive, the header rail lock mechanism has three repair sets, the all socket kit at £22.92 per side, the motor repair kit at £265.33, carrier repair kit at £34.64 per side, wiring repair kit at £103.39, and the catch repair kit at £858.58 but this does including the wiring kit and ball sockets. Incedentaly the system is identical to the Audi A3 cabrio.

Evelyn

They are horrid things to work on, everything takes daft amounts of time and the parts are expensive, the header rail lock mechanism has three repair sets, the ball socket kit at £22.92 per side, the motor repair kit at £265.33, carrier repair kit at £34.64 per side, wiring repair kit at £103.39, and the catch repair kit at £858.58 but this does include the wiring kit and ball sockets. Incidentally the system is identical to the Audi A3 cabrio.
Thanks for the advice. Maybe it is a pricey job then.