So, I've never owned a German car until now...

looking4order

Hello All,
I hope this first post finds you all safe and well. I just bought my first German car - a 2017 VW Passat 1.8L TSI Comfortline.
I love it. I needed out of the big SUVs, and I thought the Passat would be a nice way to ease into the market.

I have a question that seems common, but I have yet to find an answer. Is there a way to get the activation key required for voice control and app-connect? Who would I need to contact? I reside in Israel. Not many people here to discuss the issue with.
Can anyone help, please? As I am new to VW, I look forward to many interesting threads in the months to come :)
Thanks so much for your direction
James

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t help with your question but your comments piqued my interest, are people starting to lose interest in the elevated driving position of the common SUV and 4x4?... it would be better for us all if people did but would cause HUGE consternation amongst car manufacturers product planners who have “bet the farm” on everyone stepping into a huge 3 tonne EV to “save the planet”... wankers...:mad:

looking4order

I am not sure if people are starting to lose interest in SUVs... For me, it was more of a budding interest into German engineering. It's a completely different driving experience. Plus, jeeping is a lifestyle. If you're not off-roading, well... why have it? I just think the frequency of my desert excursions doesn't justify the cost of being ready to handle them.