Speed limiter

nivek62

When I use the speed limiter, I activate it through the steering wheel assist button then scroll down the menu on the dash putting a tick against it. Returning to the steering wheel I then select SET when the desired speed is reached or set with the + or - buttons. Sometimes however the speed is already memorised from the last time I used it which is great I just have to press RES (resume), but more frequently I get
------ (empty dashes) & I have to set the whole sequence up again.
Am I doing something wrong?

Sam&Anne

but more frequently I get
------ (empty dashes) & I have to set the whole sequence up again.
Am I doing something wrong?

I may not be reading this right but I use the excellent speed limiter function a lot. Utterly stress free motoring on a long trip.
However I honestly can't recall the issue you raise ever happening but I am in one of those "auto" moments elderly folk get when I do something automatically but am unable to relate or confirm it with any confidence. Sorry.
I haven't been out for quite a long time but I will now have to try this and reactivate a few dormant brain cells.

Glad someone other than me is using this function. (y)

SpikyBob

Trying to recall from memory how the limiter worked on the Polo we no longer have.....
IIRC we didn’t have to do anything on the dash menu or elsewhere to engage, just use the limiter on off button lhs steering wheel, then set/resume as you do. It would stay with your selected speed when switching on/off until the ignition was cycled and would then expect a speed set instruction again when switched on. I found the restriction a bit of a worry in case I needed to temporarily exceed set speed for safety reasons etc. It wouldn’t let you! The adaptive cruise control is more comfortable in this way I find.