Timing belt anguish on B7

merlin100

Hi all, just found you all and hoping you can help. I have a 2014 Passat estate ( B7 365) and love it. However, the water pump died so I bought a Bosch kit to do the belt, tensioner, rollers and pump. Now heres the worry - the belt that came with the kit looks like it belongs on a Fiesta rather than a Passat. Mine is a big chunky belt. Ive searched online everywhere to find a belt like it but everywhere I look its either a generic photo of a crappy belt or a genuine photo of one like in the Bosch kit. The rest of the kit looks fine, everything seems to match. But theres no way Im putting that belt on my beloved Passat. So can anyone advise me on any particular name or description that would match the belt already on the car? Many thanks in advance.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The kit from VW was 03L 198 119 D and is now 03L 198 119 DF which is the Bosch kit 1 987 946 582 but they say it is not available but the kit you have, 1 987 946 943, is listed for a 2014 type 36 with a CFFB engine. What is the part number on the belt? Did you buy this from Autodoc?

1626178696025.png

merlin100

Message me the reg in a private conversation and post on here the Bosch kit number.
PMd you.
The kit from VW was 03L 198 119 D and is now 03L 198 119 DF which is the Bosch kit 1 987 946 582 but they say it is not available but the kit you have, 1 987 946 943, is listed for a 2014 type 36 with a CFFB engine. What is the part number on the belt? Did you buy this from Autodoc?

View attachment 8654
Hi Crasher, yes I got it from Autodoc. Should I have avoided them? Number on belt is 1 987 949 657

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Autodoc have access to a huge range of the most oddball and top brands around and their prices are good BUT their delivery is terrible as they don't keep a fraction of what they offer in stock, almost everything they sell is ordered in and then despatched from their Berlin head office. Also if there are any problems with what you have received they are a nightmare, I had a big order of parts for my car and one simple cheap part was missing once I had opened the packages and thrown away the boxes. Their first response was "we want a picture of the box before you opened it" and another when open with all the parts laid out and then individual pictures, they would not explain why so I just gave up and ordered the missing bit locally. Later I found one of the parts I had ordered was slightly wrong and would not fit, this was a lot more expensive and they would not change it automatically as I had fitted it so it became a warranty issue. They sent their warranty form through and it was a joke, they wanted videos, pictures, times, dates and god knows what else so their warranty is unworkable. I have been in the trade for 40 years and this is not how suppliers work, well maybe TPS are as bad or worse, their warranty system isn't fit for purpose. I also don't like the way the unwary don't realise the company is in Berlin as are their other two associated brands Online Car Parts and Best Parts Store.