Timing marks

Tamhay

Hi all i have a bkc engine with the timkng belt removed it wasnt locked before the belt was taken off so how can get the engine tdc and everything lined up so i can put a new belt on ?

Tamhay

Got the tools but cannot get the crank locked CDFD0B55-03E1-4F48-AA2A-F3002CFA99A5.jpeg

theres no marking to line the tool up with that i can see the one marking i can see above the hole the locking pin wont line up with

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The cut out line on the pulley next to the bolt hole aligns with the groove on the tool which then engages into the hole in the seal plate, which crank locking tool are you using? You know there are two types don’t you?

Tamhay

Only found out about the two types managed to get that locked just need to get the cam shaft locked

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Only found out about the two types managed to get that locked just need to get the cam shaft locked
You release the pulley outer 13mm bolts and move the centre 19mm bolt head to tweak the pulley into position so you can get the pin in but it is very tight, a tiny amount off either way and it will not fit.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
You have put in in the wrong hole... :p Using a clock face as an example, the hole in the head for the locking pin is at approx 8 o'clock

Tamhay

Omg i was following a video on YouTube as well must have a different engine lol thanks for the above