Touareg 2021 Black Edition - LTE Arial fault / SOS fault / Flight mode / CAR NET / Low Voltage / Coolant pump replacement / AdBlue leak /

Dannyb28

Touareg Black Edition 286 & Touareg SEL 231

Totally mixed experience owning the new 2019 MK3 Touareg. I first had a 68 plate SEL 231 and it was great. Not one problem with it. I had it for 2 years and it was comfortable to drive, very spacious. The fact is, I loved it so much I upgraded it to a 70 Plate Black edition 286. Had it 6 months now and it had 11 faults and been off the road for almost half the time I have had it.

After owning many many Volkswagens, this is the first I have had serious issues with. I think the most serious was the safety system failing. The SOS not working the impact protection showing a sporadic fault by emergency stopping with no object in front.

The car also went into limp home mode due to a coolant pump issue and low voltage test. The software issues also meant that many of the functions were not working either. It’s had the LTE aerial replaced, many software updates.

The most frustrating thing is that the dealer network seems swamped with issues. When I have a fault it always seems a month to get it booked in and get a curtesy car. If it’s a safety issue, then I don’t want to drive it while it waits to be fixed. So, it becomes an expensive ornament on my drive. Also frustrating is at this point, I feel like the mechanics have driven more miles in the car than I have, through test diving and fault finding.

The latest issue is the AdBlue seems to be leaking out the back and spraying up the back door and down the wheel arch under the tank. Currently waiting another month to get that resolved. Meanwhile I have no other option than to use a car with chemicals leaking out the back of it. I just hope it is AdBlue as it meant to be harmless.

I hear horror stories with VW more and more these days. Just not the cars they once were.
20210727_180739.jpg

I hear horror stories with VW more and more these days. Just not the cars they once were. Arch AdBlue.jpg Car Net Error .jpg Screenshot_20210317-094316_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
No cars are what they were, they are far to complex due to legislation and new car buyer expectations. That certainly looks like Urea crystals and AdBlue is basically synthetic sheep of pigs urine, harmless if unpleasant.

Dannyb28

Couldn't agree more @Crasher
Thanks for your post. Always good to get a second opinion. It's the white spray over the boot of the car and the potential damage to paint work that was worrying me more. But I don't think it's corrosive.

I only had the car back a matter of days after 2 weeks in the dealer for a coolant pump replacement at 2k miles. I don't think the two systems are connected but the thought crossed my mind that it was not re assembled correctly. Initially I thought it was a big blob of road salt in the arch from the dealers yard (Even though it's mid summer) but when washed off it kept comming back.

I managed to get it booked in for a month's time. So I guess I have no option other than to drive it and keep the adblue topped up if I get a warning. Another month the Cars not fully functional. VWFS upheld my complaints and offered to terminate. But the. It's 8-12 weeks on a new build and prob a worse deal. Just stuck with it. 😔