Two windshield defroster buttons?

rossibai

Hi folks!

I get confused when looking at the center console of 7M Sharan.
There seems to be two identical buttons for windshield defroster.
Could someone let me know if there is any difference between these two buttons and why is that?
Thank you!!!

xx$_57.jpg

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The button in the consul is for the eclectically heated screen (because of the Ford involvement) and the one on the HVAC panel is for screen air direction.

rossibai

The button in the consul is for the eclectically heated screen (because of the Ford involvement) and the one on the HVAC panel is for screen air direction.
Thank you!! It's very surprising to know that the 10-15 year old 7M Sharan has heating wires in the wind screen. This is super useful to melt the ice in winter days.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Certain manufacturers were early adopters of heated screens, I remember a 90’s Ford advert with a traffic warden hanging around a soon to expire parking meter and the driver with a frozen screen... which demisted before the timer ran out. As Ford was an equal partner in the Auto Europa plant in Portugal, which Ford dropped out of for the second generation Sharan, Alhambra and Galaxy, these have a lot of Ford parts and ideas. Often you will see various parts such as the headlights with the AE logo.