Vw & audi pr numbers via free website

ACTIMMS

Thought forum users might find this FREE website [url]http://prsearch.planetvag.com/[/URL] useful, as there are over 12139 PR numbers/codes for VW & Audi models.

My PR numbers, (41 in total) were on the back of the front cover of my Service Schedule booklet & by using this site, I got a description of what each stood for, which can be very useful when ordering/buying spare parts.

When looking for brake pads for example, from say GSF/ECP, if you go into fitment detail & scroll down, until you find the correct PR No,
You then know that this is the correct part for your vehicle & that it will fit.
For example: My Golf Mk 7, has make TRW Front brake system & the PRODUCT CODE FOR FRONT AXLE BRAKE, is 1ZE.
The REAR brake callipers are make ATE & the PRODUCT CODE FOR REAR AXLE BRAKE, is 1KE.

Like everything, its easy when you know how, hope this makes things clearer.

Regards,

Allen

EdB222

Hi, can anyone tell me which service schedule is indicated by a PR code of QG1 on a 2017 Tiguan? Thx

EdB222

Thx. Why do you say “kill my engine”. It’s the second car in 14 years that I’ve had with Longlife service. The first one was still perfectly good when I sold it 10 years old with 120k miles, no engine problems.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
When used to do 18600 miles (often much more, you know how people are) I have seen the LL regime kill countless numbers of engine. I bought my Octavia at five years old with 121k miles and a destroyed engine, according to the service book it had received five oil changes at the dealer and must have been due a sixth but the person selling the car reset the interval on the dash which shut the warning up. The new owner managed 9000 miles before the warning came back, he booked it in but never made it. I calculated it had done in excess of 30k miles on one oil change. For someone who started off with a Beetle and halved the 3000 mile (yes, three thousand) mile oil change intervals, allowing 18600 miles on 5 litres of the same oil is crackers. If you use the LL interval for 24 moths but only do 10k in that time, it is normally not an issue, it is these people who push to 20k+ that cause the damage.

EdB222

Interesting! I have never been high mileage. The synthetic oils are supposed to last longer and I had imagined that the car detected the deterioration of the oil to be a factor in the algorithm deciding when the service is due?!

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Sort of in both points. Modern oils are very sophisticated but the dual evil bed fellows of low fuel consumption and low emissions mean the oil must not pollute the cat/DPF so the nice additives such as Zinc have been removed and the modern oils are not so good at protecting metal to metal wiping contact such as chains, oil pumps and flat tappet cams. I still use LL oil (specifically Quatum LongLife 3) but I change it every 5k miles or one year, for me the one year often comes first. Even then, after 65k miles, 15 oil changes (we’ll probably more like 20) in the 15 years since I fitted a new VAG engine, my 1.8T is starting to show signs of sump sludge.