Vw caddy faults

Clackers

Morning folks...
Just bought a 2009 vw caddy, with the following faults (ever since the cam belt and head gasket were changed)
No instrument cluster working, no wipers, no central locking.
I'm guessing something hasn't been connected back up in the engine bay, or a number of fuses have blown for some reason, but wondered if there is a common fault that could cause these problems? I will get it scanned using vcds asap and see what it throws up.
Thanks for your time and hope to be part of this community for a long time to come...

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
With the wipers, the body control module may be seeing the bonnet as being open, the wipers won't work until approx 20km if the BCM thinks the bonnet is open; why VW did this I have no idea. If the instrument cluster isn't working it should not start.

Clackers

With the wipers, the body control module may be seeing the bonnet as being open, the wipers won't work until approx 20km if the BCM thinks the bonnet is open; why VW did this I have no idea. If the instrument cluster isn't working it should not start.
Hi Crasher, I collect the van on Friday, so will have a good sniff round it then...and give some more feedback on here. Thanks for you ultra quick reply,much appreciated.

Clackers

Update on this one, have now collected the caddy, runs like a dream...but, no speedo or rev counter, no central locking, no drivers electric windows, fuel gauge and exterior lights all work perfectly...
Connected to vcds and snap on code reader and the only code that comes up on the OBD side, is P0600, does this sound like a failing ECU? Will be changing the wiper stalk as you can here the washer jets trying if you wiggle it like a good un, so my thought is bad wires in the stalk...please help as I hope I haven't bought a lemon....🙏

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Do a full car VCDS scan, save it and post it on here, leave the VIN but delete the reg if you wish. If the dash had no power the engine should not start, do other parts of the dash work?

Clackers

Do a full car VCDS scan, save it and post it on here, leave the VIN but delete the reg if you wish. If the dash had no power the engine should not start, do other parts of the dash work?
Vcds won't connect to any of the ECU etc, the fuel gauge is the only thing on the dash that works, have got an auto electrician looking at it next week...fingers crossed he'll find the fault, he seems confident he can sort it...so will feed back next week.