Vw caddy pickup mk1

Tallport

Hi, I'm new to this site but would be great full for some advice.

Im currently fitting a 1.8 gti engine form a mk2 golf into my mk1 caddy pickup but struggling to decide the best way to mount the engine. Can anybody advise me on this or have any information on problems I might come across

thanks

Tallport

I'm just about possion the engine but the mounting points are way out. I was interested to know if anybody had already done this conversion who could advise me? Also, any drive issues or gear box linkage issues? Thanks

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
You take the timing belt end mount off of your caddy's engine and fit it to the Golf 2 engine and throw away the bracket on the back of the block, then use the Caddy gearbox mounts and it is in BUT you will find the inlet and exhaust manifolds virtually useless, you will need to find ALL the ancillaries from a Golf 1 or Scirocco GTi.

Tallport

So all the original mounts off the caddy will fit the new engine? ( just checking as I don't have the original mounts yet ). Also I've used the original hubs with the new mk2 drive shafts but they don't fit correctly ? Any ideas, do I need to change the shafts? Cheers

Jay89

Hi guys looking at buying a replacement for the bed of my caddy anywhere know the best places to get this from? Thanks