VW CC - Dash Cam, which Fuse?

ColinA

Hi there, hoping someone can help me...

I want to wire a Dash Cam in to my 2012 CC, can anybody advise me which is the best fuse in the fusebox to piggyback..?

Thanks in advance...

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
If you are after an ignition live there isn't one as such, most people use a CAN BUS adapter off the radio supply as this can also provide a parking brake and reverse signal which some dash cams (like mine) use.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
SC27 is a line 30a and the permanent live feed to the fuel pump relays. SC 42 is the X line feed (ignition live except when cranking) for the power sockets.

ColinA

Which fuse would you recommend I use..?, last thing I want to do is to cause problems...

Regards
Colin

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you will have any problems with the ones you have selected, it's just that I am rather OCD when it comes to wiring (well more so than usual) so I would give it CAN control; you probaly don't want to go that far. That reminds me, I must download the clip from last night when a BMW 1 series undertook me and slammed in front of me just as I was coming up to the car stopped in front... I am not unconvinced he wasn't trying to get me to hit him, that is why I fitted a built in mirror cam and rear cam.

ColinA

Hi, I've not done it yet... There was a bit of a twist, in so much as I was expecting the fuse box to be on the passenger side, so I was going to neatly run it all up the A Pilar and then tuck in the headlining on the passenger side, and fit it to the left of the rear view mirror...

As it turns out, the fuse box is on the right, so need to figure out exactly how to make it look neat, as it will have to go round the "lump" on the mirror..

Will be taking a look next weekend now..

ColinA

Just an update for anyone looking at this...
I've come to a bit of a halt trying to remove the DRIVERS SIDE A-PILLAR..., not easy...
You need to remove this side as the fusebox is on this side..., so my plan is to put the cabling up the drivers side a-pillar, tuck in the trim between the window and then remove the little BLACK piece of trim between the headlining and the mirror, and feed thru there, enabling me to fix my dash cam in the PASSENGER SIDE of the centre mirror..., keeping it out of the drivers vision and the wiper sensors attached the rearview mirror...
Can't find a video anywhere on removing the DRIVERS SIDE on a Volkswagen CC :-(

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
It just pulls away but you should use special trim removal tools, you can get these for about £15 for a full set and even then it takes a lot of force.