VW Crafter

Kdp

Hello, I’m a new poster and was wondering if anyone else has problems with their VW Crafter Winnebago. Our engine lights keeps flickering and turning solid. This happens after only travelling max 40klms. Our VW service department have tried lots of things and our last bill was for $1600.00. Now they are telling me that its now going to cost $5000. We are going around in circles. They advise it is a build up from the exhaust. Has anyone else had the same problem and did you overcome this?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like a blocked DPF, a very common problem on Crafters, could you post the vehicles VIN please. Have you got a code read report?

Kdp

Hello, thank-you for responding, the vehicle is in at VW at the moment as soon as it comes back I will post the info.

Kdp

That sounds like a blocked DPF, a very common problem on Crafters, could you post the vehicles VIN please. Have you got a code read report?
I’m sorry, it has taken me so long to get back to you. The codes are GA450,P2002,0091 and P0401. I would be so grateful for any light you can shed on this please

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
GAA450 is not a code I recognise, P2002 is one I see all day long, a blocked DPF which cannot be cleared by a forced regeneration, P0091 is an electrical fault with the fuel metering valve so either a faulty valve or wiring fault and P0401 is insufficient flow in the the EGR system which could be due to the blocked DPF. My first step would be to remove the DPF and send it to DPF Clean Team and when refitted, carry out a forced regeneration. Whilst it is away, download the wiring diagram from erWin and check the wiring the ECU to the fuel metering valve. With the cleaned DPF you should also fit and calibrate a new genuine VW pressure sensor, DO NOT use aftermarket, not even Bosch. Whilst the filter is away you could also remove and clean the EGR system BUT you may end up fitting a new valve and the mess that can be in there is often shocking, this is a 4 cylinder T5 inlet manifold

1637409667804.jpeg