Vw lt35 i cant connect to Ecu

TommyLT

Is it scanning now with the immobiliser plugged in?
If not, can you remove the bypass, reconnect the immobiliser and try a scan again.

Wayne1974

Ive not tried reconnecting the immobiliser yet ive been busy as at moment , i cant remove the bypass as its soldered into the loom but i had considered plugging in my immobiliser and trying to connect to ecu.

Wayne1974

Well i have success in connecting to the ecu to read engine codes issue was the immobiliser once plugged in i was able to read engine codes and alls well but i will however need to look into another reader to connect to abs as this one wont connect

Wayne1974

Wat i failed to mention is immobiliser was disconnected as there is a bypass chip fitted so must of had immobiliser issues in the past so i put the plug into the immobiliser and i was able to read my engine codes and alls well but only codes coming up are key issue and brake light switch which i know about

TommyLT

The brake light switch is probably the cause of your abs fault as it's connected to the abs module. Immobiliser problem will be the key needs adapting/programming to the immobiliser.
I think abs faults come through the engine ecu, a while back I had a front drivers side wheel speed sensor fault which I changed (pig of a job) and the only working diagnostics I use on the van is VCDS so I must have got the trouble code with that. On VCDS the only modules it can scan on the LT are engine and immobiliser.
Regarding my recent abs light flashing, I scanned the van with VCDS but had no trouble codes logged. I checked fuses and the connector plug on the new wheel speed sensor I fitted, original sensors are hard wired straight to the abs module but I fitted a waterproof connector to make it easier for any future maintenance. After the checks the abs light went out.
What software are you using to scan?

Wayne1974

The brake light switch is probably the cause of your abs fault as it's connected to the abs module. Immobiliser problem will be the key needs adapting/programming to the immobiliser.
I think abs faults come through the engine ecu, a while back I had a front drivers side wheel speed sensor fault which I changed (pig of a job) and the only working diagnostics I use on the van is VCDS so I must have got the trouble code with that. On VCDS the only modules it can scan on the LT are engine and immobiliser.
Regarding my recent abs light flashing, I scanned the van with VCDS but had no trouble codes logged. I checked fuses and the connector plug on the new wheel speed sensor I fitted, original sensors are hard wired straight to the abs module but I fitted a waterproof connector to make it easier for any future maintenance. After the checks the abs light went out.
What software are you using to scan?
Hi Tommy is there any chance you could send me the wiring diagram for the abs as i cant connect to it aswell just to see where the fault could be thanks

Alec Litchfield

Ive purchased a 2006 vw lt35 and im having issues connecting to the ecu thru the obd port whos had this problem and fixed it i need to find out wats up with abs and the engine
Alec vw35lt Had a remaper to day couldn't connect via the port says he will have to take ecu out. I have no words.

Wayne1974

Alec vw35lt Had a remaper to day couldn't connect via the port says he will have to take ecu out. I have no words.
Check to make sure immobiliser hasnt beem bypassed mine has and that was my connection problem as mines,has the bypass chip i have to plug my immobiliser in to connect then unplug after as mine wont start

Alec Litchfield

Check to make sure immobiliser hasnt beem bypassed mine has and that was my connection problem as mines,has the bypass chip i have to plug my immobiliser in to connect then unplug after as mine wont start
Many thanks Wayne 1974,op fully we can get it sorted 👌