VW Sharan 2012 DSG oil pressure light flashing at 1500RPM

jason121

Hi Everyone, I'm very new to VW cars and appreciate any help possible. I have a 2012 Sharan 2.0 TDI, the oil pressure light in red has come on so i took it to a garage who has tried to investigate the issue after changing a few parts. He changed the oil cooler housing as it was leaking water, he thought it was the low pressure sensor so he changed that, to no luck. He changed the high pressure sensor which is located in the sump to, still same issue. he changed the oil pump and balance shaft which is also a common problem that goes, still the light comes up flashing. he has checked the engine pressure and all is good, no loss of pressure at all. he's confused to why this is happening and so am i. If anyone has any ideas please do share. thank you for your time and advise in advance.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

The first thing any good garage would do is fit an oil pressure gauge to see what is showing.

Then do a scan (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged.

This garage has replaced high and low oil pressure sensors and oil pump and the light is still on. You need to check out all wiring and connectors as something is sending it to earth.

jason121

Hi Keithuk,

thank you for your advice, the garage has run a scan but found no breaks and error codes using Snapon diognostics , the pressure is good as its been tested so i am told. At the moment the car sounds louder then normal since the light has come on.

even the garage is stomped.

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The sensor in the sump is for level and temperature. Did he report the actual measurements for the oil pressure? He should look at the live data from the instrument panel to see what the oil pressure signal is.