Washer pump, polo 2018

Jamie m

Hi, due to cold weather recently my washer pipes must have frozen, and now the washer pump won't start. Someone at work said to check my handbook and check the fuse... There is no handbook with my car tho. Is anyone able to tell me what fuse it is I should be checking please?

Sam&Anne

As in a previous post I can say that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery on a Passat worked for me as it acted as a reset. I'm not convinced that a fuse governs the pump.
No harm done with a reset and no cost involved if it doesn't work.
Worth a try.
Keep the bottle as near full as possible during adverse conditions as a big tub of water won't freeze as easily as an egg cup full.

Jamie m

As in a previous post I can say that disconnecting and reconnecting the battery on a Passat worked for me as it acted as a reset. I'm not convinced that a fuse governs the pump.
No harm done with a reset and no cost involved if it doesn't work.
Worth a try.
Keep the bottle as near full as possible during adverse conditions as a big tub of water won't freeze as easily as an egg cup full.
Thanks for the suggestion. Gave it a try, but no luck. I thought the motor not starting was a feature to stop it burning out when too cold, but it's been a couple of days now and still hasn't worked.

Sam&Anne

Pity. I usually try the cheapest and simplist option first.
I may be corrected but I thought there was a thermal cut out rather than a fuse.
Not aware of your model but the Passat responded to a reset.