Water ingress through boot vents - still a prob with modern VAG cars?

dj_ek

So I know this is a very common issue with the A2, however earlier this month whilst investigating why my windscreen was icing up on the inside, I discovered I have the swimming pool option fitted where the spare wheel would be sited on a 5 seater model!

Further investigation by Exeter Inchcape (excellent dealer, have been far more accommodating than the independent I use) revealed a rear vent failure as the main issue, caused by poor routing of my tow bar cables, but then they said VW route some wiring through the vent too?

I thought my story might serve as a warning - I’m being landed with a large bill to strip, dry out and de-mould my interior. At this time of year it’s well worth your time to check whether your boot vents are weeping now rather than get to my stage where the whole interior has to be stripped!

The question remains however, is vent failure still a common issue?

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
The swimming pool option comes in number of factory fitted no cost option PR codes such as Pr-we3 for blocked plenum chamber drains, Pr-w3t for failed door panel seals and Pr-H2O for the environmentally friendly recyclable rubber used in the vents which recycles itself before it should.