Wheel spacers - yay or nay?!

khurem

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting some wheel spacers but am 50:50.
It's on my audi, which has the standard 18" alloys and springs changed to eibach pro kit.
Have read mixed reviews and sizes most seem to be using are 10/15mm front and 15/20mm on the back.
I just want to remove the sunken wheel look (more obvious after I changed the springs)
What's the max size I can go for? Or do I avoid spacers full stop?

Sam&Anne

Or do I avoid spacers full stop?
In the 60's, 70's and 80's this was a common "trendy" practice and we did our best to discourage it due to excessive and unnecessary extra loading on steering components, wheel bearings etc more than was designed in manufacturer tolerances.
After some thought we decided to change our advice 🤐 and just increase our chances of additional work which was £good for us. 😊

Maybe times have changed.......Maybe.

RUM4MO

I remember that advert, still use that term to describe crazy wheels-tyres now and again!

Also, my first set of wheels was a 1968 Ford Anglia van with a special low compression 1200 engine and a monster but economical Solex carb - an ex Royal Mail special. Second gear (out of 3 gears) was needed when driving into high winds and on motorway inclines. Kept a set of tools in the back plus RTV and string - the RTV and string was to fabricate new carb spindle seals!