Whistle when accelerating

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a turbo problem. I don’t work on Crafters but the same engine has been a lot of trouble in the T6 with the turbo fragmenting and filling the engines and complete charge air system with bits.

Hamboy

Hi Did you manage to solve this issue? i got the same on 67 crafter 64k miles. Its going in friday to be looked at by VW

Canterbury Crafter

I've not solved the issue. It only whistles under load, I can't replicate it when its stationary and someone's pressing the accelerator.

I've got no faults codes and the performance seems ok.

Could just be normal turbo noise. I'm interested in what VW say with your van though

Hamboy

I've not solved the issue. It only whistles under load, I can't replicate it when its stationary and someone's pressing the accelerator.

Could just be normal turbo noise. I'm interested in what VW say with your van though
Hi, Mine is only noticeable in 5th & 6th gear on motorway, but makes a hell of a noise, I got no codes ect and performance is fine. But i see someone has mentioned possible Turbo, which is what i was thinking as i have had turbo problems in a Transit van before and it sounds very similar, and cost a small fortune to get repaired, I'll get back with update when i get answers.

Hamboy

Hi VW confirmed gearbox is shot, and steering column need replacing, had no idea about steering and cant imagine that being the noise, they are waiting for parts as we speak