UK Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes normally a long press off the unlock button brings all windows down and a long press of the lock button sends them all up.. So all the windows go up and down from there own switches. If so it’s probably a new set of driver controls for you if the wires all look ok.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks. Not sure how long I was supposed to keep unlock key on remote pressed? I’ll check wires between door and engine. How do best lever off the rubber shroud surrounding the wires?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks. If I buy these, are they relatively easy to change? (Also, still need to check wiring, but had the query about pulling rubber shroud back?)

·
Administrator
32,499 Posts
If you hold down the unlock for a few seconds, all the windows should roll down and if you remove the key blank in the door handle and use the key in the lock, they should also all roll down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If you hold down the unlock for a few seconds, all the windows should roll down and if you remove the key blank in the door handle and use the key in the lock, they should also all roll down.
Nope. When I do that, all doors make click sound simultaneously, hazards flash once….but none of windows open.
Don’t understand second bit. Don’t know what key blank is??

Sorry

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Works via the remote on mine but not if the convenience system is set to off. If so it just clicks, windows stay shut.

That bloke in the video has the subtlety of a warthog.
"Just let me show you how to use a touch up pen" will be next 🤔

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I don't have a Golf 7 in to try but Golf 4, 5 and 6 certainly do from the door lock and 5/6 from the remote.
Thanks again. Appreciate your continuing help. I tried my wife’s remote yesterday. (She has Polo 2015) Her windows did open when unlock on remote was pressed. Unfortunately, mine don’t. In that context, is there any reason to think unlocking using other method would work? (Will give it a go later, just not sure will work)

I’m convinced it’s the master switch unit on driver side. Someone said you could tease it out to check for damage, clean etc. Is there a way of doing this short of removing the door panel? I was also advised to check wires under shroud, but just need to know which end it’s better to push back the rubber shroud to expose the wires.
Thanks again

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Works via the remote on mine but not if the convenience system is set to off. If so it just clicks, windows stay shut.

That bloke in the video has the subtlety of a warthog.
"Just let me show you how to use a touch up pen" will be next 🤔
Sorry missed that. What’s the “convenience system” and how would I restore that? Ta

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sorry missed that. What’s the “convenience system” and how would I restore that? Ta
Under CAR then "set up" should give "opening and closing". Touch that and you are given an option to have windows open via remote button.
I have set mine to off, yours might be the same and a free / easy first possibility to remedy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hi

Thanks. I’d already googled and mine was indeed set to off, That seems to have rectified my problem. What I don’t get however, is why that wasn’t a problem for me to pen the windows previously?

Many thanks. Don’t fancy driving around in 100 degrees again this weekend,

21 - 40 of 45 Posts