Wing mirror indicator

Quotethepigeon

Hi guys, as per my intro on the new members thread I'm now the owner of a 2010 Golf Plus 1.6 TDI.

All is fine and it seems rather solid apart from the drivers side indicator in the wing mirror isn't working. I've just ordered a new strip as I took it apart and couldn't see any way to get the bulb itself out.

Poking around online and it seems this is a pretty common issue.... Will the new strip solve everything?

For reference the mirror heater and movement still works. As does the front and rear indicator.... Hazards work but not for the mentioned wing mirror.

Cheers!

Crasher

Administrator
Staff member
Very common Golf 6 problem, you have to replace the complete light unit, part number 5K0 949 102 at £37.51 (without surround light) from VW or TPS dealers.

Keithuk

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a similar problem a couple of years ago. My drivers side turn signal in the mirror went dimmer. I Goggled for LED strips but there was nothing useful. VCDS showed an error code.

You have to buy a new mirror casing bottom half which is totally stupid for a LED strip.

VAG Error Code: 00109

Fault Location:
Turn Signal Lamp: Left Mirror (L131) - Electrical Fault in Circuit

Possible Cause:
Wiring/Connector(s).
Voltage Supply for Left Mirror, Turn Signal Lamp (L131) faulty.
Left Mirror, Turn Signal Lamp (L131) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
Check Voltage Supply for Left Mirror, Turn Signal Lamp (L131).
Check Left Mirror, Turn Signal Lamp (L131) Operation.
Replace Turn Signal Lamp: Left Mirror (L131) with new unit as LED bulbs are not a replacement item.

LED bulbs:

ElsaWin Quote:
On some vehicles, the illumination is not provided by a light bulb, but by an LED (light-emitting diode), depending on the equipment level. This LED is permanently attached to the retaining sleeve and cannot be renewed separately.
Retaining sleeves with a light bulb are available in different versions. On the one version, the light bulb can be replaced separately; on the other version, the light bulb cannot be replaced separately. In this case, the bulb carrier has to be replaced together with the light bulb.

I've just checked ETKA:

2010 Golf Plus

Turn signal indicator left - 1K0 949 101 - £30.12
Turn signal indicator right - 1K0 949 102 - £30.12

My Golf

Turn signal indicator left - 5K0 949 101 - £37.51
Turn signal indicator right - 1K0 949 102 - £37.51